August 14, 2014 by Bret Kramer (aka WinstonP)
Things continue to progress on our next issue of the Arkham Gazette. I’ve had several great submissions (though more are always welcome!) and have been working some pieces of my own, and I thought I might share my reading, of late.
- Dreams in the Witch-House by H.P. Lovecraft
- Pickman’s Model by H.P. Lovecraft
- The Salem Horror by Henry Kuttner
- Witches’ Hollow by August Derleth
- America Bewitched by Owen Davies (2013).
- The Annals of Witchcraft in New England… Edited by Samuel G. Drake (1869).
- The Devil’s Dominion: Magic and Religion in Early New England by Richard Godbeer (1994).
- The Devil of Great Island: Witchcraft and Conflict in Early New England by E.W. Baker (2010).
- “Dr. Margaret Murray and H.P. Lovecraft: The Witch-Cult in New England” from Lovecraft Studies #31 (1994).
- Escaping Salem: the Other Witch Hunt of 1692 by Richard Godbeer (2005).
- New England’s Wizards and Witches by Robert Ellis Cahill (1983).
- The Witch-Cult in Western Europe by Margaret Murray (1921).
- Wonders of the Invisible World by Cotton Mather (1693)